What Do We Do?
- Mostly we train. Sometimes we train hard, mostly
we train easy.
- Very organized and coached swim workouts are held
Tuesday and Thursday mornings and Friday evenings all year.
- Saturday morning bike rides all year. The rides
are more or less organized if your idea of organized is trying to get a consensus
on which direction we're going to ride.
- Run sessions are held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings,
and on Sunday mornings all year. Please see our Training Schedule
for exact times and locations.
- We also compete. Individually we compete at swim
meets, running races and triathlons. We compete with ourselves to get personal best
times and we compete with other people anytime, anyplace. As a team, we compete in
relay races and for overall points in race series.
- To support the development of young athletes we
organized the annual Victoria Youth Triathlon.
- As a part of the Vancouver Island running community
we organize the Bazan Bay 8K running race.
- We also organize club social events, including
barbecues, social runs, pot luck dinners and parties.
- Our newsletter is the best around. In it we publish
records of our triumphs and occasionally "flattering" pictures of ourselves.
Club members contribute articles on various events and/or topics of interest.
Why join TWC?
- To connect with exercise partners or other like-minded
people and get more out of your workouts. A workout partner, or group, is the best
motivator for maintaining a fitness program or for maintaining an involvement in
sport as part of your lifestyle. It's much easier to get motivated if there are other
people doing the same workout on a regular basis.
- A major reason to join TWC, is that no matter how
slow or fast you are at a training session or race, there's usually a team mate around.
- Come as our guest to any of the training sessions.
Email a member of the executive for specifics as to our Training Schedule.
We hope that our schedule suits your schedule. We welcome you to TWC.